Yin Yoga teacher training and intensive January 2018
Friday, January 19th 6 pm to 9:30pm and Saturday, January 20th 1 to 7 pm
Friday, February 2nd 6 pm to 9:30pm and Saturday, February 3rd 1 to 7 pm
Friday, February 9th 6 pm to 9:30pm
Powerflow Yoga Livingston Studio
Teachers are E-RYT 200 Deb Donnally and Crystal Paone
Registration deadline is January 9, 2018
3 Friday evenings meet from 6pm-9:30pm and 2 Saturdays are 1 pm- 7pm.
Learn to practice and teach yin yoga, an asana practice in which the mat postures are held for long periods of time healing the physical and subtle body. Gaining in popularity, yin yoga is a natural balance to fitness and the power yoga practices. A steady practice of yin yoga has a transformational effect on the body, mind and spirit as it prolongs the health of the joints, generates flow through the energy channels of the body and creates space and relaxation in the mind.
The training is offered for all levels of participants. If you are a Registered Yoga Teacher, this training will give you the tools to be able to teach a safe and thoughtful yin yoga class as well as be able to integrate yin into your current classes. If you are a dedicated student of yin yoga this training will deepen your knowledge of the poses and their benefits. If you are someone who has never tried yin yoga, the experience will increase your range of motion in the joints and improve your circulation. At the completion of the program you will feel like you have discovered a peaceful softness and a source of joy that gives you a sense of purpose. As a teacher you will feel confident in your knowledge to support all types of students.
The course will include:
- Definition of yin and its history
- Basic structure and function of the skeletal and muscular system
- 25 primary poses, modifications, assists, props
- Sequencing, transition poses, teaching methodology, styles
- Taoist meridian theory including energy channels and chakras
- Mindfulness and breath practice yin classes
Requirements: In addition to the 20 plus contact hours, there is a written assignment, home practice, journal keeping and 6 additional yin yoga classes required.
30 hours continuing education
1. Complete the application here. Once you submit the application online, you will be sent a confirmation email with payment instructions.
2. Submit payment. Online payment can be made through Venmo by clicking here and sending to email@example.com. You can also submit payment by check payable to Yinside Yoga LLC. It may be left at the Chatham Powerflow front desk with our name or mailed to Crystal. Please inquire for the address.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
"If we are not ourselves, truly in the present moment, we miss everything." Thich Nhat Hanh